GMX – Free Email, POP/IMAP

GMX Mail Issues

gmx1

(Post all your GMX Mail related issues in this thread.)

13 Responses

1 | Splendid

18 de September de 2009 2:31 pm

GMX is sometimes annoying due to these missing features:
1. GMX is slow and unable to load messages.
2. Links in emails not working, clicking on links redirects to site ‘gmx.com’.
3. No Plain Text composition in mail. There should be an option for plain text.
4. Seding limit to 11 recipients with IMAP, is like no limit.
5. The attachments are not viewable.
6. Login without full email address is also annoying. It should be excluding ‘@gmx.com’.

2 | Miguel

18 de September de 2009 10:27 pm

Hi,

no. 6 is not an issue but a must, as you can log in with each and every alias you have in your GMX account.
So you could log in with splen…@gmx.sg as well -
(but you will send then with …@gmx.sg)
and you can even set the gmx.sg address as your default.

But there is a “remember me” option as well!

Btw. I love the style of your blog!

Regards, Miguel

3 | Dan86

21 de September de 2009 4:56 am

Hi, Splendid!

Glad to see you have your blog up and running! It has a nice look to it!

However, are you deliberately leaving the “Comments” function off and limiting visitor comments to this http://gmxmail.blog.com/post-your-gmx-mail-issues/ thread only?

If so, I’m afraid that may severely limit participation. This is basically a single “blog entry” but without any content other than that supplied by us commenters. For me, it was just too frustrating trying to find the link to this one location where I can post, and even here, I can’t respond in a meaningful, linked way to the other blog entries.

Hoping you’ll open up commenting on all blog entries.

Good luck with the blog, and if you enable commenting on other blog entries, I look forward to participating! :)

4 | Richard Fochtmann

25 de September de 2009 6:41 pm

Since September 18th, no emails from GMX have been downloaded to my machine via Thunderbird.

I have reinstalled T’bird, checked my account settings for GMX. Have tried both POP and IMAP, and nothing changes.

I have also sent a query to GMX Support and have not received an answer.

In searching the forum, I find that there is no “trouble shooting” forum, no mention of any problems come up in Search.

I switched to GMX because others said it was better than Yahoo and Hotmail, and it was until now. What has happened?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

5 | Imran

16 de October de 2009 10:44 am

i tried to login in my account mr.imran@gmx.com but there came a message your account has been blocked why? now how i can access it again?

6 | Aleksandar

1 de November de 2009 9:26 pm

Hello GMX mail team i had gmx mail account and now this is blocked don’t know why. when i try to create new one i cant becouse i use cable internet and someone alredy had registred with my ip. so just want to tell something about your security system that this dont function as it should what should do people with cable internet are they spammers? i have one ip my neighbor have the same and other neighbor have the same and we can’t use GMX becouse we are spammers for your security system this is not solution and i am so irritated from your services. There are other services that offer much more for free like gmail aol and others repair your rules or your costumers will go away.

7 | Bush Cole

11 de November de 2009 12:51 am

When importing from Outlook 2007 to GMX address book, the company name does not import. Do we have control of mapping the fields? Thanks

8 | Dazz C

16 de November de 2009 4:39 am

I have an another email account with GMX. The address is mbm@gmx.co.uk. I am having trouble recieving emails from anyone. Even when people reply to an email I have previously sent I am not getting replies.

I have tried sending emails from this account and mbm@gmx.co.uk is not recieving them.

I have tried everything, I have turned off spam protection, I have no-one in my blacklist and I don’t know what to try next.

I have cc’d this message to mbm@gmx.co.uk to see if I recieve it

9 | Dazz C

16 de November de 2009 4:39 am

Reference the above message…….I didn’t get the email I cc’d

10 | Prashant Rao

17 de March de 2010 9:23 am

Since morning I have been getting the following message:

“Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /portal-1.14.1.0/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. ”

Are your servers down? I am expecting some reaaaallly important emails.

11 | e wills

22 de February de 2011 6:53 pm

For the last 5 days, I have (not consistently) gotten ‘log in server error’. Cannot log into my account. I am a U.S. gmx mail user.

12 | svetlana

20 de March de 2011 4:03 pm

dear Sirs,
i lost access to my gmx.net account 2 days ago. I had it since 2002.
Last time i got my mails 2 days ago in outlook express , then little later i got notification that password is wrong. I waited for a while, hoping the problem will be resolved itself, and then a day later i tried to send mail to the lost address from another my mail box and i got it back with error message, saying that no such USER! I dont know who i can contact with detailed information i need my address, because i am registered at many places ,forums, etc with this address and i will lose access to many important services. I dont write here my gmx.net address But i will give all the details about it.
Please help me!
Thank you.

13 | Mihaela

24 de July de 2011 8:37 pm

dear sirs,

for the last two days, I’m unable to enter my email account (freemail). I get no error message, but after entering user and password, simply nothing happens. It looks like it is working on it, but it stays so for tens of minutes.
It isn’t an internet connection problem from this side, as I normaly reach other websites.
Could you please look into this?

Thank you!